Parent-Infant Massage Classes
The classes are provided to mothers, fathers, grandparents, and caregivers who are taught a systematic approach to massaging their babies using a variety of strokes and techniques.
Lessons are offered individually in your home or through group instruction in a comfortable environment.
The techniques are taught through a series of sessions, each lasting about 60-minutes. Individual/private sessions generally consist of two sessions and group classes will be between three to four sessions, depending on the number of participants.
Expectant parents are invited to join a class and practice on a doll, so that they are ready to massage their baby from the very beginning.
Parents and caregivers can be taught how to modify the massge strokes for infants who have specific medical or physical concerns.
What you will need:
You will need to bring two blankets (one for your baby to lie on and one to wrap them up in.
A favorite toy will be useful if your baby becomes fussy or restless.
Massaged babies can work up an appetite, so be prepared to feed them!
A bottle of all-natural massage oil will be provided.
Each class series covers the following:
- Easy to follow step-by-step massage instructions
- History, theory, and practice of infant massage
- Bonding and attachment
- Learning how to read your infant's cues and behavioral states
- Benefits of touch for your baby's development
- How to vary massge for the growing toddler and child
- Customized instruction for individualized concerns, such as prematurity, physical disabilities, colic, and intestinal difficulties
(Discounts provided if you arrange for a group class in your home)
Group classes: Please check back for scheduled classes in your area.